Phoenix Force Emma Frost
"Augmentin": general characteristics of the drug
The main components of Augmentin, regardless of the form of its release, are the antibiotic amoxicillin and the lactamase eliminator, clavulline acid. The main burden lies with amoxicillin: it is thanks to it that the drug has an antibacterial effect against almost any infection. However, it has a significant drawback - most pathogenic microorganisms quickly get used to it and stop responding, as a result of which an additional component is needed that will destroy the resistance of viruses. This component is clavulline acid.
- Amoxicillin is part of the penicillin group and, in most cases, is well tolerated, as a result of which it can be used in therapy in young children and pregnant women, however, it has a number of side effects. In addition, it is not approved for use in patients with phenylketonuria, renal failure and impaired liver function..
The main indications for receiving a suspension of Augmentin are:
- Infectious diseases of the respiratory tract in any form, including relapse of chronic conditions;
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system;
- Skin diseases caused by infection;
- Prevention of infections after surgery.
To receive the suspension "Augmentin" is prepared according to the following algorithm:
- The powder is poured into the bottle, after which it is poured with warm (not hot!) Water, which must be boiled before;
- The bottle is shaken so that the granules dissolve as much as possible, and set for 4-5 minutes. until the particles of the substance are completely dissolved. If this does not happen, the container must be shaken again and set aside;
- Add water to risks on the inside of the vial;
- After this, the suspension is ready for use. It can be stored in the cold, if not frozen, for 7 days, but it is recommended to use it in a shorter time. It is forbidden to use the suspension on day 8, even if visually it has not changed its properties;
- Before use, the vial of liquid is shaken, and the desired volume is cast into a measuring spoon or filled with a syringe. Any of the items must be washed well after use, avoiding the accumulation of particles of the drug on the surface;
- If necessary, it is allowed to dilute the liquid with warm boiled water in an equal ratio, however, the child will have to drink an increased volume, and not half of it;
The estimated price of the suspension "Augmentin 400" ranges from 380-460 rubles.
During Augmentin therapy (cheap augmentin online), it is necessary to first collect a detailed medical history in order to find out if there were previously hypersensitivity reactions to cephalosporins, penicillins or other allergens. A particularly high risk of such conditions in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to penicillins.
If an allergic reaction occurs, Augmentin therapy should be stopped immediately; in severe cases, adrenaline should be administered immediately. There may be a need for oxygen therapy, intravenous administration of glucocorticosteroids, ensuring airway patency, including intubation.
With prolonged use of the drug, the risk of excessive reproduction of insensitive microorganisms increases. Augmentin does not adversely affect the ability to drive vehicles and mechanisms.
Indications of the active substances of the drug Amoxicillin + Clavulanic acid EXPRESS
Treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by sensitive pathogens: lower respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia, pleural empyema, lung abscess); infections of ENT organs (sinusitis, tonsillitis, otitis media); infections of the genitourinary system and pelvic organs (pyelonephritis, pyelitis, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis, cervicitis, salpingitis, salpingoophoritis, tubo-ovarian abscess, endometritis, bacterial vaginitis, septic abortion, postpartum sepsis, pelvic peritonitis, soft chancre, gonorrhea, infections of the skin and soft tissues (erysipelas, impetigo, secondarily infected dermatoses, abscess, phlegmon, wound infection); osteomyelitis; postoperative infections.
Infections Prevention in Surgery.
Indications for use
Bacterial infections caused by drug-sensitive microorganisms:
- infections of the upper respiratory tract and ENT organs (for example, recurrent tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media), usually caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae *, Moraxella catarrhalis *, Streptococcus pyogenes;
- lower respiratory tract infections (for example, exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, lobar pneumonia and bronchopneumonia), usually caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae * and Moraxella catarrhalis * (except for tablets 250 mg / 125 mg);
- urinary tract infections: cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, infections of the female genital organs, usually caused by species of the Enterobacteriaceae family (mainly Escherichia coli *), Staphylococcus saprophyticus and species of the genus Enterococcus;
- gonorrhea caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae * (except 250 mg / 125 mg tablets);
- infections of the skin and soft tissues, usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus *, Streptococcus pyogenes and species of the genus Bacteroides *;
- infections of bones and joints (for example, osteomyelitis, usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus *), if necessary, prolonged therapy;
- odontogenic infections (for example, periodontitis, maxillary sinusitis, severe dental abscesses with spreading cellulitis) - for tablets of 500 mg / 125 mg or 875 mg / 125 mg;
- other mixed infections (e.g., septic abortion, postpartum sepsis, intraabdominal sepsis) as part of stepwise therapy.
* Some representatives of this type of microorganism produce β-lactamase, which makes them insensitive to amoxicillin.
Infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to amoxicillin can be treated with Augmentin®, since amoxicillin is one of its active ingredients..
Augmentin® is also indicated for the treatment of mixed infections caused by microorganisms sensitive to amoxicillin, as well as microorganisms producing β-lactamase, sensitive to the combination of amoxicillin with clavulanic acid.
The sensitivity of bacteria to the combination of amoxicillin with clavulanic acid varies depending on the region and over time. Where possible, local sensitivity data should be taken into account. If necessary, microbiological samples should be collected and analyzed for bacteriological sensitivity.
Enter your text here...